Friday, November 18, 2005

Just a quick recap after the dust has settled. I've paid off my credit cards since my 0% APR deal is up in January. They'll be paid-in-full from here on out. I've decided to transfer $300 into my ING account after my last paycheck and tuition reimbursement check cleared. This is in addition to my automatic $50 contribution.

So on Monday 11/21 (when my transfers will go through) I'll have the following in my accounts:

USBank: $344.34
INGDirect: $1491.70

In addition to the Sharebuilder account and CD.

As far as liabilities, I've already spent $91 on my mtvU card so far this month. I attribute this to bar visits. It'll be PIF again next month.

From here on out we'll focus on my ING account's progress. I hope to have near $1600 in my ING account by the end of this month. If all goes well, I'll hit my goal of over $3000 by the end of this school year. Much of this depends on the amount locked up in my B&M CD, which should mature in February. I don't think it's a lot of money, but who knows. It could range anywhere from <$1000-$5000+. I think it's between $1000-$1500. We'll find out in February. I've considered other investment vehicles, such as I-Bonds and short-term CDs. The problem with I-bonds is I'll need the money in about 6 months. I haven't found a short term CD (<6>4% APY) and doesn't have a large minimum deposit. I'm also leary of CDs since the Fed is expected to raise rates again in December.

So for now I'll just collect the money in my ING account. Futher complicating matters a possible chance to study abroad in Australia next May. That will eat up quite a bit of my funds, but obviously it will be worth it since it's pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I can postpone my plans to make time for Australia :)

5 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Credit Center said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about credit cards for bad credit, please feel free to visit.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Car Loans Home said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about car loan pittsburgh
, please feel free to visit.

 
At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Credit card said...

Wow! While I was searching for info on credit card reward I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for credit card reward. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about credit card reward.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Car Loans Home said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a uk auto loan bad credit car loan
site/blog. It pretty much covers uk auto loan bad credit car loan
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for information on , trying to find information
in reguards to the new bankruptcy laws and read your site. Although
not exactly what I needed it caught my attention. Many people get into trouble
with and the new laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway
thanks for the read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
free page hit counter