Monday, December 12, 2005

Two posts in one day? I'm starting to like this blogging thing.

Today I began considering transferring an extra $50 to my ING account this week. Usually, I have $50 each week automatically transfered from my checking to my savings account. The goal is to effortlessly save $200/month with this system.

Up until now I wanted to keep about $300 in my checking account - "just in case" - and have the rest transferred into savings at the end of each month. Realistically, I think I could get away with just $200 in my checking account. The benefit of being a college student is I have very few large expenses and there aren't any realistic emergencies that would come up that I couldn't put on a CC. With a 25 day grace period, I'd have plenty of time to transfer money from ING and pay off the CC.

So I feel I could be pretty comfortable with $200 in my checking account and transferring the rest over to ING. Every little bit of saving helps, especially since my checking account effectively pays 0%.

Well, back to studying. Wish me luck (I'll need it.)

2 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you pay your CC bills online, you can pay them using your ING Direct account. You just need your account number and routing number. It works with Citi and Chase cards for sure.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger X said...

Hmm... Thanks for the info.

I may have to look into this. I'll still have to keep about $200 in my checking account. If I get a parking ticket I have about a week to send in a check.

Thanks for the comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
free page hit counter