Saturday, February 11, 2006

For those of you who have Citi credit cards, you might try asking for a credit line increase. They seem to be getting a little more liberal with the preapproved CLIs. Here's a FatWallet thread about it.


Login to your account online, move your mouse over "Manage My Account" and click "Credit Line Increase Request." Previously, Citi required having the card for 6 months before being eligible for an increase, but I got an increase on a card I've had for 5 months.

I got an $800 CLI on my Driver's Edge card, and a $1000 CLI on my mtvU card. Last month I got a $500 increase on my Dividend card.

I also received another increase on my AMEX Blue, this time to $4600. In 1 month with AMEX I've gone from $2000 > $2400 > $4600.

So give the Citi thing a shot. Be warned, if you're not preapproved for a CLI, you'll be shown a form to fill out. If you fill out this form, you'll probably get a hard inquiry on your credit report.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Credit Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about credit cards for bad credit so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curious, how many cards do you have? I'm quite conservative with my credit applications (after going crazy and applying to 10+ credit a month after my 18th birthday). I currently have my MBNA Worldpoints card and a stupid Chase card. I love MBNA because of their CLIs (I'm learning the lingo, eh?). I've had the card for less than a year and it went from 500>1000>1500. Hey, I'm happy. My stinky Chase card approved me for 400. I'm afraid to cancel just because I heard it was bad for your credit. True? I can't wait for my AMEX Green.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
free page hit counter